Inner and outer spirals of the Universal Principles of Alignment
Widens the back body, both in the hips and the upper back/shoulders.
Broadening the back connects us to the universal.
Inner Spiral of Shoulders/Arms
- Expands the upper back and back of the shoulders.
- Widens the shoulder blades away from each other.Find the balance of rotating the upper arm outward, and rotating theforearm inward.
Inner Spiral of Hips/Legs
- Turns legs and pelvis inward.
- Moves inner edges of legs backward.
- Broadens legs and pelvis laterally.
Narrows the back body, both in the hips and the upper back/shoulders.
Narrowing the back pushes us into the front body – into the individual.
Outer Spiral of Shoulders/Arms
- Contracts the upper back and back of the shoulders.
- Draws the shoulder blades toward each other.
Outer Spiral of Hips/Legs
- Turns the legs and pelvis outward.
- Moves inner edges of the legs and pelvis forward.
- Draws sides of the pelvis and legs toward midline.